Skin cancer is the one preventable cancer. Yet the skin cancer rate is on the rise, and people are still grumbling about slathering on sunscreen every day.
Although sunscreen is still a go-to part of any morning routine--after the coffee, of course--clothing is the first line of defense against the sun. And that sun is out whether you're doing yoga on the beach, running to the store, rushing to your morning meeting or grabbing lunch with friends.
UV radiation does more than make you look like a lobster and cause skin cancer. It makes you look older than you feel.
An estimated 90% of skin aging is caused by the sun.
Let’s face it—you’re not going to hide out from the sun your whole life. Now you have an option for sun protection that gets you excited to embrace the day, no matter what you’re getting yourself into.
- One in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- More than 5 sunburns = double the risk for melanoma
- Parents slack on sun protection as their kids get older.
- 42% of men and 27% of women never use sunscreen. (Gasp!)
- One person dies of melanoma every hour (every 54 minutes)