September 20, 2017
Isn't it funny how, all winter long, you look forward to summer, and then when summer hits, everyone complains about the heat? It's tough to get outside and get your energy out when it's hot and humid outside, but it seems like a crime to stay indoors all summer. Here are some ways to beat the summer heat.
1. Let your kids play with the hose. They'll stay cool and have fun, and your lawn will get watered at the same time.
2. Rub down your body with ice cubes, and sit in front of a fan.
3. If it's hot and dry outside with no humidity, open the windows and hang a damp towel in front of them. As the breeze comes through, the water will evaporate and give you a dose of cool air.
4. Keep a spray bottle in the fridge (or in a cooler if you're on the go). Spritz yourself when you feel warm, starting with your wrists.
6. Cool your feet. If you can't go swimming, at least dip your feet in cold water. The blood vessels will take the cooled blood from your heat throughout the body, cooling you off.
7. Stay hydrated. If you're dehydrated, your body temperature will rise.
8. Repurpose your heating pad. If you have a rice sock or a reusable heating pad, freeze it. Slip it between the sheets at night, or wrap it around your neck to cool off during the day.
9. Escape. If you can't take a vacation to a breezy tropical island, read a book that takes place in cold weather.
10. Apply aloe vera gel to your skin for a cooling effect.
Don't sweat the small stuff. If you want to beat the summer heat, relax and take some time off from your to-do list. When you're relaxing and having fun, everything feels easier and breezier.
Enjoy 15% off
Your next UPF 50+ purchase!*
Sign up for exclusive offers & VIP treatment!
*Offer valid for first time customer only. Limit one use per customer. Coupon code cannot be combined with other offers, sale merchandise or previous purchases, and does not apply to tax or shipping.
Select your country