Leaves are falling and cardigans are coming out. With the change of seasons, new flavors are in the air! Sweet & spicy or cool & crisp we've gathered some of our favorite autumn inspired cocktails and mocktails to suit your fall tastes. Try one (or all!) at your next dinner party.
Apple Cider Mimosa
Image provided via: Well-Plated
For the Apple Cider Mimosas:
2 ounces brandy or dark rum
4 ounces apple cider
8 ounces chilled champagne Prosecco, or other sparkling wine
Optional: Apple slices for garnish
To Rim the Glasses:2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon pumpkin pie spice is also tasty if you have it on hand
Additional apple cider
Rim the glasses: In a shallow bowl, stir together the sugar & cinnamon. In a separate shallow bowl, pour a few tablespoons of apple cider. Wet the edges of the glasses in the apple cider, then tap the wet edges in the cinnamon & sugar mixture to rim.
Pour 1 ounce of brandy or rum & 2 ounces apple cider in each glass. Top with 4 ounces of champagne. Enjoy immediately, garnished with apple slices as desired.
For a sweet sip, simply use sparkling apple juice ( or apple juice with a few dashes of sparkling water) and rim the glass as usual.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini
Ingredients1/2 can of La Colombe Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 ounce Cayman Coffee Liqueur
1 ounce creamer of choice (optional)
Cinnamon sticks or coffee beans (for garnish)
Dash of Maple Syrup
- Add ice, pumpkin spice latte & liqueur to shaker. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the chilled mixture into a martini glass.
- In separate cup, combine creamer of choice with dash of maple syrup & briefly froth.
- Add frothed milk to martini mixture & garnish with cinnamon stick for festive fall vibes or top with 3 coffee beans for year-round style.
Simply swap the coffee liqueuer with an extra shot of espresso if desired for a full bodied flavorful drink.
Salted Caramel White Russian
Image provided via: Homemade Hooplah
1 tablespoon caramel sauce, or syrup, plus more for garnish (optional)
2 ounces Vodka
1 ounce Kahlua
1 ounce heavy whipping cream
Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- In a short cocktail glass, drizzle caramel syrup around edges, then fill glass with ice.
- Pour vodka & Kahlua into prepared glass.
- Hold a spoon over mouth of glass, upside down. Very slowly, pour heavy cream over back of spoon so that cream slides off into glass.
- Add optional garnish top of drink with more caramel sauce drizzle and flaky sea salt.
- Serve as desired.
For alcohol free treat, keep the vodka out and swap the Kahlua for a shot of espresso for full coffee flavor.
Maple Old Fashioned
2 ounces Bourbon or Rye
3–4 dashes Aromatic bitters
1/2 teaspoon Maple Syrup
1 Maraschino Cherry (Optional)
- Use a vegetable peeler or knife to carefully cut a 2- to 3-inch-long piece of orange peel. Run the pulp-side of the peel around the rim of the cocktail glass, then set the peel aside for later.
- Add the bourbon, bitters & maple syrup to the glass, then briefly stir to combine. Add ice, then briefly stir the drink one more time to mix & chill.
- Give the orange peel a good twist above the glass to release its oils, then tuck it into the drink. Add a maraschino cherry (optional) and serve immediately.
Make this classic drink with a Non-Alcoholic Bourbon like Kentucky 74 and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy all the fun flavors that come with this fall season. Make one (or all!) of these delicious drinks at your next party or relaxing night in. Need more fall in your life? Explore our latest fall print drop or learn our favorite ways to style your next fall fit.