Inspired by our new fall print, Aspen, we had to share this delicious Warm Spiced Vanilla Cocktail recipe from Kitchen Treaty. A perfect blend of spicy & sweet, this hot drink will keep you warm after full day of fun on the slops or shopping downtown. Get cozy in our new Aspen print dresses with this Cabana-approved cocktail recipe.
- 4 cups milk (suggest: 2%)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 5-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 star anise
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- 2/3 cup Irish cream liqueur (suggest: Baileys)
- 1/3 cup bourbon (suggest: Maker's Mark)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the rims:
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and star anise.
- If using a vanilla bean, split it open and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds and remainder of vanilla bean to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is hot and steaming.
- Reduce to low and heat for 5 minutes, being careful not to ever let it come to a full boil.
- Remove from heat. Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large heat-proof bowl and carefully pour the liquid over the sieve. Discard the solids.
- Add the liquid back to the saucepan. Stir in the Irish cream, bourbon, and vanilla extract.
- To garnish the mug rims, pour the 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup into a small saucer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon, then pour it onto another small saucer.
- Dip the rims of the glasses into the maple syrup, then dip into the cinnamon and sugar mix, pressing to coat evenly.
- Flip over and fill glasses with the hot cocktail. Cheers!
Whether you’re having a relaxing night in your comfy Cabana Life sweatshirt or socializing in your new Aspen Puff Sleeve Maxi Dress, we have you covered! Embrace this enchanting season with our Fall Collection. Learn more about our new fall prints & sun safe styles on the blog.