How many times do you say to your friends, "I wish we could get together more often" or "We had so much fun last time we had a gathering?" Our daily routine often gets in the way of our social life, leaving us feeling stressed out and maybe even a bit lonely. Refresh your social life by getting your friends together and having a little fun.
Studies repeatedly show that healthy relationships actually improve our physical well-being. Hanging out with your friends isn't just fun; it can help you lose weight, boost your immune system and make you happier. Plus, if you hang out with happier people, you're more likely to be happy yourself.
How can you take advantage of all of those benefits? Refresh your social life and plan a get-together. It doesn't have to be anything special, but if you don't plan it, you're less likely to get motivated to hang out with your friends. Here are some easy ways to plan a date with your social life.
1. Plan a lunch date - Just about everyone can take an hour off of work. Plan a lunch date on a weekday. If that doesn't work out, make it for a Sunday, when your friends are probably just relaxing anyway.
2. Host a brunch - If all everyone has to do is make it to your house, they'll find it hard to say no. It's easy to put together a few easy brunch recipes and some mimosas to keep everyone from going hungry.
3. Have a regular TV date - Do you and your friends love to watch the same TV shows? Have a standing date to watch your favorite show will help everyone work it into their schedules.
4. Go out dancing - Because who doesn't love to dance?
5. Do something different - Does your town have a trampoline park or a Dave & Busters? Go somewhere different than the norm. If you plan something fun, your friends are less likely to back out.
Don't let life get in the way of your friends. Next time you're feeling stuck in a rut or disconnected, refresh your social life by getting together with your best girls.