Your wedding is a bucket list event in and of itself. You spend months, maybe even years, planning for the big day. Every detail is taken care of, from the fabric you'll use for the napkins to every song that's played during the reception. After the wedding is over, you finally get to relax. You head off for your honeymoon, where you and your new spouse get to soak in your love for each other and enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience. So how can you make your honeymoon even more fabulous than it's naturally going to be? Here are 5 honeymoon bucket list ideas to keep the romance alive.
1. Hire a Sailboat On any island, you can find many small companies that offer charters for honeymooners. You can stay on a sailboat in the Caribbean, where you'll cruise from island to island as you scope out sea turtles and dolphins. You'll have a chef and captain on board, so all you have to worry about is the romance.
2. Stay on the Water If you love the water but don't love the idea of getting seasick, put staying in an overwater bungalow on your honeymoon bucket list. Many resorts in Fiji and Tahiti put your accommodations on a pier overlooking the crystal-clear waters, and you can take a midnight plunge right from your balcony.
3. Go Back in Time England is full of antique accommodations that are quaint, charming and full of romance. From tiny bed and breakfasts to sprawling resort/spa combos, you'll find an option that's perfect for your needs in Great Britain.
4. Become Royalty If you're looking for something a little more grand, the Dromoland Castle Hotel in Ireland can accommodate your love of luxury. The opulence of the interior and the grounds will leave you feeling decadent, and you'll be treated like a queen.
5. Go on an Adventure If you're into adventure, you can get an adrenaline rush at a variety of honeymoon destinations. Ride a bike down a volcano with the sunrise in Hawaii, or hike a trail in Thailand on the back of an elephant, courtesy of Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.
Wherever you go, you'll probably be spending ample time snuggling in the sun. Wear your Cabana Life sun protective clothing, and you won't have to worry about rubbing off all your sunscreen as you canoodle in the sand a la "From Here to Eternity".