Have you noticed that we like to keep track of the most important holidays, like National Junk Food Day, International Picnic Day and National Iced Tea Day. Well, we have come across possibly the most important holiday of all. Today is National Cheesecake Day. Of course, we are dying to share this amazing classic cheesecake recipe with you. (Good thing Cabana Life clothing stretches to make room for the extra calories).
-5 TBSP melted butter
-12 3 x 5-inch graham crackers
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/4 tsp kosher salt
(or just buy yourself a premade graham cracker crust)
-2.5 pounds cream cheese at room temperature (That's 5 blocks of cream cheese)
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-1 tsp grated lemon zest
-1 TBSP lemon juice
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-4 large eggs
-1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make the crust by pulsing the graham crackers in a food processor until they become a fine powder. Add the butter, sugar and salt. Pulse to blend everything together.
3. Butter a 9 x 3-inch springform pan, and press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan. Extend the crust up the sides about 1 inch.
4. Bake the crust for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Adjust the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Make the filling by beating the cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer. Make sure that you scrape down the sides of the bowl as you're mixing.
7. Add the sugar slowly. Continue beating until fluffy.
8. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Beat until combined.
9. Beat in one egg at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding the next egg.
10. Beat in the sour cream until everything is combined.
11. Wrap the outside of the springform pan in foil and place it in a larger roasting pan. Pour the filling into the springform pan.
12. Boil water, and pour it into the roasting pan to surround the springform pan. The water should come about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
13. Put it all in the oven, and bake until it's just set in the center. Baking time should be about 1 3/4 hours.
14. Remove from oven, and remove the springform pan from the water. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
15. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.
Whenever you make a cheesecake recipe, you'll impress all your friends. This one is simple and practically foolproof. Plus, it's delicious. Enjoy!