The sun is out, the birds are chirping and spring is in the air. Well no wonder—it’s the first day of spring. How can you welcome the season of flowers, sunshine and spending more time outdoors? Here are 25 ideas.
1. Plant a garden (or just a flower)
2. Wake up before the kids and enjoy the first spring sunrise.
3. Go for a walk around the neighborhood.
4. Put on your sun protective clothing and play in the sprinklers (if it’s warm enough).
5. Host a spring fling
6. Do some yoga in the fresh air, wearing your sun protective clothing.
7. Pamper yourself with a new spring manicure, a facial mask or a long soak in the tub.
8. Take the kids on a nature walk to collect signs of spring.
9. Take photos of the birds and buds signaling the beginning of warmer weather.
10. Plan a vacation.
11. Go on a weekend getaway.
12. Clean out your closet.
13. Grab a hula hoop and wiggle your hips.
14. Write down your summer bucket list and start dreaming.
15. Start packing for spring break (or unpack if spring break is over)
16. Decorate your home with cut flowers.
17. Open all the windows and breathe in some fresh air.
18. Update your wardrobe with more versatile pieces. Sun protective clothing is perfect for any sunny adventure you go on this spring whether it’s on the beach or just in your backyard.
19. Pull out a notebook and start a journal.
20. Get out your stress with a coloring book for adults.
21. Make a spring/summer reading list.
22. Call a friend who you’ve been thinking about but haven’t talked to in a while.
23. Write down 5 things you’re grateful for.
24. Buy a beautiful card, write a heartfelt note in it and mail it to someone you love.
25. Learn a new breathing technique to reduce stress, eliminate toxins and relax.